Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Eater's Choice Daily Meal Planner

Solutions are often very simple
and
we miss them in the search!
I have tackled weight loss and not, for what seems like always! I have tried lots of special diets and many worked, while I was on the diet but then....................(if you are reading this you like know how this sentence would end!)
If, like for many, weight is an on going issue then weight loss will be an ongoing issue and a 'weight loss diet' will be for a lifetime. This is not rocket science! My nutrition degree may be helpful but the solution is simple. Like changing any behavior you have to want to do it, persist and be consistent.
So when I created the Eater's Choice Daily Meal Planner it was a simple solution and actually grew from The Eating Game that I had invented for children with eating issues! Eating healthy needs to be a lifetime commitment; starting very young with The Eating Game is a good idea. For some of us, starting young is no longer an option but it is not too late to eat healthy! I have had a healthy diet, just too much of it. You too?? So we also need to be aware of what "a portion or serving" really is.
As I started to say at the beginning, special diets are great but a special diet needs to be a lifetime commitment. Some of those diets are very expensive and specific foods must be eaten - not your choices. Some diets are not very balanced and can only be safely used for a limited time - fast weight loss and then back to your old eating habits - been there, done that!
The Eater's Choice Daily Meal Planner, is just the planner, a blank sheet for you to fill in your choices. It is based on Canada's Food Guide so it does guide you to make good choices for a balanced diet. The copy of Canada's Food guide that is included will help you to understand what a serving size is. This is a plan for a lifetime. You can buy foods you like and buy what is on sale this week. If serving sizes were an issue for you too then you will find, like I did, that eating half as much will also only cost half as much!! Now that is a real bonus these days!
Oh, the other bonus is that The Eater's Choice Daily Meal Planner only costs $10 and you only have to buy it once! The same planner can be used from age 19 - age 50. There is a different one for those of us who are over 50. There is also one for 4 - 8, 9 - 13 and 14 - 18 years of age.
Yes, it is for men too! Have you ever noticed that the ads for weight loss diets are always women? This healthy plan is for men and women and I am encouraged by the men that are buying it!
Yes, it is for teens too! So they can have a long lifetime of healthy eating. They can lose weight now and not have 'weight loss' be a lifetime concern!
I decided I better practice what I preach so that the story I tell could be my own story! So I started using my own Eater's Choice Daily Meal Planner. I am losing weight (slowly but it's for a lifetime so slow is good - it will last!) and my grocery bill is less.
Solutions are often very simple
and
we miss them in the search!

No comments:

Post a Comment